Friday, June 13, 2008
OUCH MY FOOT HURTS!!!
So I have been "sat out" by my Dr. I finally gave into the pain that I have been having in my left foot for the past 3 months. I have a severe case of "Plantar Fasciitis" & IT HURTS LIKE A MO-FO!!! I just tried to tough it out, thinking ok it will go away, it will go away, it has to go away. Well you know me, I am the very last to actually take myself to the Dr. ( who has the time for that ) but after spending two nights literally crying myself to sleep I decided now was the time. The Dr. ( who just happened to be Kevin's old highschool basketball coach, he came into the room saying ahhh I know your husband, then preceded to tell me all sorts of old b.b. stories. ) anyways... he taped my foot up & asked me to leave it there for 3-5 days ( you should see me showering, try to balance this body in a soapy enviroment for more then 2 minutes ( it's classic I promise!!!) & no you will never get a photo of this! I am on day 4 and it feels better already. I have been taking Celebrex & it really has helped the inflamed muscles to chill. I picked up my inserts from this hole in the wall foot specialty place in of all hidious places W.C. ( ick I hate W.C.) I parked illegally after driving around the block three times to find the parking garage she told me to park in was "under contruction" I was in & out of the store in 3 minutes 45 seconds ( I did not get a ticket, THANK YOU VERY MUCH) to my so so so sadness he said wearing flip flops & being bare foot ( my two favorite things to do with my feet) are out if I want it to get better. He also said no to treadmill, walking, jogging, & any impact more then the occasional regular walking to & from. MAN I tell you, I can not catch a break here. I was really feeling great about going back to Lanette's awesome & incredibly horrendous exercise group, and getting back into a fantastic way of feeling about moving my body in a healthy way. I am so bummed. He said bicycling & water exercise are really all I can do. He even showed me this way cool product you can buy that is this vest for water jogging here's the website if you want to check it out, it's actually pretty cool www.aquajogger.com So today Kevin took my bike to his bike Dr. We have it in for a tune up, a new seat (thanks to my parents stupid stupid raving idiot of a dog who ate my seat & one handle bar cover) a set of lights & an odometer. It will be ready on Tues.! I am excited about being able to go on bike rides with Kevin. Although I know he will have to take it easy a bit he is like a bike riding freak, he goes on these power bike rides where he rides like 40 miles in 2 hours ( WHAT A WHACKO!!!) He actually seeks out those nasty hills, and steep streets, so whatever!!! I am not quite there, but some day I hope to be. So just wanted to share my ordeal of injuries and tales & getting back out there & not letting this be a major set back for me, onward onward we go to healthyland!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh no! I am so sorry! I have never had plantar fasciitis but I know some runners who have had it who say it's pretty painful. I feel your pain though because I have shin splints right now! It has been 3 weeks and I am STILL waiting for the OK from the doctor to run again. :( It depresses me when I can't run! I hope you get better soon! I will be praying for your plantar fasciitis to get better as I pray for my shin splints to get better ;)
I know your pain! I love wearing flip flops summer and winter. I have too paid the price. I went in for a cortisone shot in my heel. I really helped. I havent given up on the sandles!
Post a Comment