Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ideas wanted for Amanda's Sweet 16 Party

Well I can not even believe it myself, my little Amanda will be 16 in March. I want to give her a really fun fabulous sweet 16 party. The limit is that the fundage for said party is well lets just say LIMITED! So I am racking my brain to try & think of something really great to do for her most special b-day. I mean her bubble will be popped already when she doesn't wake up to the new BMW she has always dreamed of getting when she turns 16. It also doesn't help that she has been watching that very lame show Sweet 16 on VH1 or MTV one of the other. One of the lamer shows she has become addicted too, that and America's Next Top Model even Lamer if it is even possible. Now of course she knows that we couldn't even give her the limo ride to the fabulous $50,000.00 party that some of these little snitches gets, so that is good. But still I just want to be able to give her a really great memory for her 16th birthday. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know I can count on you all to help me out with this one. THANKS!

6 comments:

D and C said...

OK, here are some of my glorious ideas.
ONE. have EVERYONE in the family write down a sweet 16 wish for her, and make a cute little book out of it.
TWO. surprise her with a MOM AND ME day. Just the two of you going away for the night, or the weekend if possible. JUST THE TWO OF YOU!!!
THREE. Get her a makeover at the MAC counter (you only have to buy a couple things of make up). Take her shopping for ONE outfit and then let her have a big sleep over!!!
FOUR...I dont have any other ideas, but I will do some research!!!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Ah those are good ideas D very good ones. I will get to work on some of those. THANKS! :)

Oleole Family said...

You should get here 16 small gifts that are symbolic of why you love her and give them to her through out the day. Maybe have qoutes attached or lyrics to her favorite song or even scriptures. Number them all and make #16 be the biggie! Perhaps that can be the most meaningful gift with the best message attached to it. I know if someone I love did that for me I would probably melt. But, Just an idea.

Tiffany said...

Sorry, I have no brilliant ideas...but I just have to say that if she watches that ridiculous show Sweet 16, GOOD LUCK! Ha ha, jk!! I am SURE whatever you decide to do she will LOVE and it will be a very special day for her no matter WHAT! : )

Bonnie said...

I like Deanna's idea of a mommy/daughter get away. Even if only for the day. I think it is a day for you to celebrate your motherhood along with Amanda's birthday. I still love doing this with my girls and we just do all girl things all day and it's really fun. Some of the things we have done: manicure, pedicures, make-up. breakfast, lunch, dinner together, a movie, shopping, hang out and chat. Take a walk in the park, ride BART to the city...there is so much you can do that is free and fun too.She could also have a big slumber party with her friends. One year when Laura was about that age we let her invite seven kids over and Jim and I made her favorite dinner for them, served it, etc. I think they felt very grown up, with fancy dishes, sparkling cider, candle light, etc. Have people write down 16 reasons why they love her and fill up a jar with little strips of love for her from everyone that she can read and reread. Give her a new privilege because you love her and trust her now that she is older..

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

Liz reminded me of a friend who did a really cool thing for her son. She arranged for friends to give him little presents throughout the day (on his birthday) at school. You can buy little things. wrap them in cute paper, number them 1-16 and have people give them to her throughout the day and say happy birthday.

I always took fast food lunch to my kids on their birthdays - one time I brought pizza to share with friends.

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones