Monday, January 28, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARE & KEV 15 YEARS!




Jan. 23rd 08 was our 15th anniversary. I know 15 years can you even believe it??!! WOWZERS!!! Time does just seem to skip on by. We decided to go to dinner just the two of us for our anniversary date. We went to Ruth Chris Steak House in Walnut Creek. Let me just say two words here... UNBELIEVABLY FABULOUS!!!! I mean I tell you I have never tasted food on this level in my life. It was so scrumptious every single bite of everything I ate. From the fancy schmancy water, they offered two choices, we went with whatever the waiter recommended. Then the bread holy cow, it was so yummy, so hot & right out the oven, soft, sweet, the butter real butter YUMMY! I was so impressed and this was just the bread & water. Am I an easy sale or what! We ordered this BBQ shrimp appetizer, the BBQ sauce was like this hot sizzling buttery BBQ sauce with garlic & parsley, oh & the shrimp PERFECT! It was so DELISH! Then of course you dip your bread in the BBQ buttery sauce also DELISH!!! Then we ordered our steaks. I ordered the filet bc that is always my favorite. Kevin got the Surf & Turf bc that guy can not pass up lobster ever anywhere anyhow anywho. We also got the baked potato loaded, and also asparagus & hollandaise sauce. Holy cow the asparagus was cooked to perfection. I LOVED THEM! The potato was a potato but even a potato can be fabulous! Then the steaks. I was kind of expecting our steaks to be on the smaller portion size bc heck you know it seems the more you pay for something the smaller it is. But holy cow, I was sooo sooo sooo wrong. Our steaks were huge! Really, not small at all. I ate only half of it and brought the rest home, so did Kev that is how big these things were. Kev's lobster tail comes with this whole candle lit butter melting contraption, so fancy & sheek with the lemons on the side. Oh did I mention the steaks were cooked in this sizzling butter flavored harmony of heaven on a plate. Our waiter asked us if this was our first experience at Ruth Chris, we said yes sadly that we have not yet been to this paradise of food before. He warned us to not touch the plates that they were smoking. Then he told us why, bc they want your first bite all the way to your last bite to be the same temperature. So the whole experience is of course FABULOUS!!! Then the first bite, literally I am not exaggerating (as some of you know that I tend to do that) I am not here at all not one bit! That first bite really did just evaporate onto each & every one of my tastes buds. It was pure heaven for my mouth, then of course I am sure my tummy enjoyed it just as much. We decided to finish off the night with a dessert. I mean hey why not, we were already going for the whole shibang, so can't stop short of dessert. We decided upon the carmelized banana cream pie. But it wasn't a slice of pie mind you it was your own little happy perfectly created masterpiece. It was incredable, every bite of it, just as yummy as the first. The whole night was perfect! We had a great time together. Pefect place, perfect conversation, perfect food, it was a perfect anniversary celebration. We decided that we would like to go back to Ruth Chris every year on our anniversary, you know make it a tradition.Besides it will take that long to save up for it :) :) I just wanted to share our wonderful evening with you. Bc that is what we do on these blogs, we share. Happy Anniversary Kev & Mare!

5 comments:

D and C said...

LOVE the pictures!! They turned out so very cute! I am so glad you guys had a great time, you deserve it. I cant believe you have been married that long!!! That is just insane!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! WE LOVE YOU BOTH so much!!!

Bonnie said...

I think they need you for the food reviewer person at the CC times! Happy Anniversary!

Krissy Pimentel said...

I forgot that January was your anniversary. WOW...15 years of wedded bliss....haha, ok so that is a bit of a stretch. Congrats, I can't wait for Jason and I to reach 15 yrs. we are just over half way there. Love you.....

Jen Stewart said...

Congrats guys! Major accomplishment!
I am dying to go to the restaurant you guys went to! Sounds heavenly!

Tiffany said...

Hey Marianne!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited when I saw your post on my blog! I added you guys to our friends list ; ) This is such a great, fun, and easy way to stay in touch, isn't it? Congrats on your anniversary!!!!! My mouth was watering just reading your post! I love Ruths Chris Steakhouse!! Randy and I want to start the tradition of going to our fave fancy restaurant every year on our anniversary. It is called Roy's. And it is AWESOME! You guys should try it! You would love it!! Take care!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones