Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dude what's that smell...

Ok so call me a little lame if you must I am totally ok with that. So today here is my major stupid move... sadly I am sure it won't be my last.

So I go to put in some outmeal for one of my daycare kids in the microwave. Wait let me back up a bit. Our microwave that is above our stove is toast right now. Just stopped working, I let the stupid warranty lapse, and of course like always the stupid thing crashed about 2 weeks after the said warrarty expired OF COURSE. So I am here waiting to decide to pay the money to get it fixed , or the money to renew my warranty and have it fixed. In the mean time do you have any idea what it is like living with out one??? Totally blows! Yea like I am reheating leftovers on the stove, heating baby food & bottles in a pan of hot water, dumping those little raviolis into a pan and heating them up... oh and try I dare you to make microwavable popcorn in the oven.... another stupid brain dead moment. So we found a nice microwave on Craigslist for $5.00 bucks, the thing is like brandnew... if my broken microwave wasn't so dang nice & a convection microwave to boot I would say screw it and replace it with this new nice $5.00 one. But...

So cut back to today, this morning and my instant oatmeal making experience. I stick the oatmeal into the microwave push the 55 second time in, push start and walk away. So I am starting the laundry, going to the bathroom, plucking my eye brows... blah blah blah all the while the microwave is "cooking" for lack of a better word this bowl of oatmeal. Ok so yes I got distracted by my lack of maintenance on my eyebrows. So I come out of the jungle that is my eyebrows to find the house filled with smoke, and this gosh awlful smell that there are really no words to describe. The micorwave is still "cooking" the oatmeal. I was like what the ... so I open the door of the microwave and see that the time says 44:00 so I must have added like an extra what 5 hours of cook time to my 55 seconds... What I find in the microwave is this nasty nasty thing that resembles a bowl with this charcoal colored crispy coating that is now part of the bowl. The bowl has metled down to almost nothing. The nothing is coated itself onto the glass plate of the microwave and is this sticky weird plastic goop that is running all over the inside of the microwave. Hmmm what to do... so I grabbed the bowl, or what was left of it, and sat it on an empty cereal box, placed it outside and opened all the windows and doors. I tell you, there is nothing that I have smelled in my lifetime yet to describe this nasty smell. Mind you that I change poopy diapers for a living. I just had to share this incredibly odd, awlful, stinky, funky, nasty experience with you. I am praying that all of our bedding, towels, clothes, and furniture do not absorb that smell permanently. How perfect would that be... oh and also like 5 minutes after the "goop" was outside it was still bubbling & crackling, I might have created a monster!!!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Marianne you are one funny woman! Love you and this post! Still cracking up over here on Ridge Park!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Holy Cow Bonnie, you can probably smell it over there on Ridge Park!!!! You're just a street over. Keep your doors & windows closed & hopefully it will pass over you guys!!

D and C said...

Seriously...that was bad! I am surprised Lanette still stayed to KILL us! LOL!!! Its ok, your house is so beautiful it makes up for the smell! LOL!

Ashley said...

Girl~you are FUNNY! I have added you to my blog and I love checking your blog to see what fun messes you have gotten into. You poor thing with that poopy microwave. You should start a donation fund. I'll start with $5. HAHa

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones