So I was told to BLOG about this little incident so that we would never forget it.
As you know we have recently moved from our first home of the past 12 years. Our home was located only minutes from my childrens elementary school. So forever my kids, rain or shine have walked to & from school. It has been very very nice I must say. This is the only house that my two youngest children have ever known. So of course habit has formed and it is just a way of life.
So the last week we were "in" the house. I say "in" bc we weren't really in, we had been sleeping & for the most part living at our new house. But I had been working at the old house every day getting the last of our stuff out. Each morning I would drive Kyle our youngest to school and tell him ok just walk back to our old house like you are used to bc I will be there working. On Fri. 9-19 our house was no longer our house. So on Fri. morning I drove Kyle to school and told him ok I will pick you up after school by the Taylors house, wait for me there. He said ok, and off he went.
I drove up the school ( I wait a bit to let the traffic die down, man was I spoiled living so close to the school forever, that circle is CRAZY!!) I see Kyle all out of breath & sweaty waiting for me. Here is the cute part that is so sweet & so adorable I had to pick him up & squeeze him.
I said Kyle, "Why are you all out of breath & have that little funny look on your face?"
Kyle said, " Mom, you won't even believe what I just did." He said," I went to our old house, I walked there just like I have done every day forever."
I said, " You did, how funny, what happend, were the new people there?"
He said, " Yes, I just walked in the door, dropped my back by the door and started to walk around the corner to the kitchen."
I smiled, how cute is that.
This is what he said to them, the them being the people that now live there, and I guess some of their friends helping them paint and stuff.
He said ( in super cute kid innocence and slight embarrassment ) " Oh.... Umm... Hmm... I ... used to live here... me & my family we used to live here... just yesterday we were living here... this was our house... just yesterday... yea we lived here.... hmm.... ok... yea well....
Oh crap... I just forgot my mom said she was picking me up on the other side of the school today... I got to go..."
He picked up his back pack and turned around & ran out the door back to the school.
I asked him what the new people did. He said they were smiling and giggling and thought it was funny. They said of course that it was totally ok. They are really nice people.
How sweet is that, so so sweet. I had to share this moment bc it was just way to endearing.



2 comments:
I love him! He really is a great kid!!!!!
I absolutely loved this story. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment