Well yesterday I turned 37 OUCH!! Kevin just turned 39 OUCH OUCH OUCH!! We are not young pups anymore that's for sure, but we are living the life. I am not one to fixate on the numbers thing. That's why I have never excelled in mathematics. :) But seriously age is just a thing, really it is. Disclaimer ask me this again when I turn 40... :):) I only freak out about my kids getting older. I hate that part, I hate that they are older and they are not babies any more. I yearn & my heart aches for them to be little again. Oh wait I'm rambling...
So yesterday was a great day. I was so blessed to be able to have lunch with my dear friends & mom. We went to Panera where I have never been, LOVED IT! Upon Lanette's recommendation I got the french onion soup & Turkey Artichoke Panini ( oh I love paninis, we have a panini maker at home & use it way too much) YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!! Thank you to Lanette, Liz, Cherie, Faye, Donna, Kathy, Sue, Michelle, Emily, & my mom for spending my b-day with me. It was wonderful to get away & spend some girlie time with you all. THANKS!!!
Then Kevin brought me home cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory ( he drove to Pleasanton on his lunch hour to pick it up) (disclaimer #2, he also just happened to pick up one for himself too) The kids sang Happy Birthday to me several times through out the day, and gave me their cute homemade cards. The ones that mommies treasure. My family showed me some love with spoiled niceness! THANKS FAMILY!
Kevin & I are going to dinner tonight just the two of us to PF CHANGS, I love this place too. My recommendation, lettuce wraps ***** & orange peel shrimp ***** FAVES!! I might talk him into to stopping at the Brighton store, I mean it's just right next door... ;) Wish me luck!
Oh wait then this morning Kyle in his ever so innocent way starts to work on his math facts by saying, "You know what mom? In 10 years you will be 47, yea & in 20 years you will be 57, and then in 30 years you will be 67, and in like 60 years you will be 97, do you think you will still be alive then?" I had to laugh & then asked him if he could start working on his subtraction math facts, that he was way too quick with his addition! :):)
Here's to another year of adventure!!!



6 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
Oh, man I LOVE Panera!!!!! I also dig the artichoke turkey panini. I always get the combo with salad, their salads are delicious. I will have to try the soup. Do yourself and favor and next month head there and pick up a Gingerbread Bagel...to die for!!!
When I was young like Kyle, I thought anything above 30 sounded so old. Now I think 37 sounds amazingly young!
Happy Belated Birthday, Marianne! Now I am the one that feels old...known and loved you since you were a baby! Many more, you have longevity on your side as I just recently saw your mom's Dad and your Dad's mom on Deanna' blog celebrating her 98th! Whoa!
I am glad you had a good day! You forgot to mention the freaking awesome flowers and cookies I brought you, but I just said it, so everyone should know, I am a GREAT sister! LOL!! HA AH!
I love you Mare.
Its a good thing age doesn't change a persons heart, because you have the best one I know!!
LOVE YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIANNE! And you are NOT old, to me you will just always be my "favorite babysitter." ;)
Glad you had a great birthday!
Happy Belated Birthday Marianne! :)
Post a Comment