Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Battle For Right Is Won!!!

Never have I worked so hard, or felt more passionate about a cause in my life. I feel so blessed to have been able to be an active part in the work to help Pass Propostion 8. I was so overwhelmed with emotion as we heard the news that Prop 8 had passed & we are VICTORIOUS!!! Last night as I was driving home from dropping off the lists I had been calling for those last minute voters... feeling the hungar pains of a day long fast which was added upon with a day full of running to houses with door hangers doing the good work, fighting the good fight. My emotions couldn't hold it in anymore. I recieved the news that my candidate for President had not been victorious, that my choice for our debilitating school board had been defeated, & my eyes filled with tears & my heart sobbed. It was a release of a long month of pushing forward for what I believe to be right. For taking some abuse along the way, for being called a hater & a bigot. For others trying so hard to make me feel wrong for standing up for what I believe to be right. It was a good cry & although my candidate for President didn't win & I am really not feeling great about who did, the most important battle was won. I know without a shadow of a doubt that our prayers were answered & our desire for righteousness has prevailed. This time in my life, this election will always stand out as the most important. For me feeling like I made a difference not only with my vote but with my time putting in the work will forever be something I hold dear. I appreciate & thank all those who gave of their time & efforts to help with this most important cause. I have never had more fun standing up for what I believe in with good people that feel the same. Our future & our childrens future were at stake & things are still going to be rocky, but knowing that there is power in numbers & seeing what can be done when we stand for what is right is a testament to me personally.

8 comments:

Lacy said...

Marianne, your faith and strength amaze me. You did work so hard on this, I could tell. Thanks for all you did, if it weren't for people like you, this initiative would never have passed.

I am so grateful it did, isn't it amazing to see the results of so much faith, prayers, and a mighty God on our side??!! Love you, Marianne :):)

PS We are heading out of town for Thanskgiving, I wish we were here to catch the Twilight movie with you guys like we suggested. ALSO, I love that you enjoy tv eating as much as I do:):):)

Kristen said...

You go woman! I am totally impressed with you! I am going to bawl my eyes out in January. I am optimistic that Obama is going to do a good job leading our nation. We will see...

Jen said...

Love your post Marianne! It was so reassuring to stand fast with others that felt the same way. I loved when I was with people who I could talk to about the struggles we went through to pass this proposition. I think it brought all of us like minded people closer together for what we went through!

Connie said...

You ROCK, girlfriend! Thanks for all your time and effort. It really was an amazing growing experience, wasn't it? I think we are all changed in many ways from fighting this good fight. I'll stand with you anytime!!!! :)

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Thanks sisters I appreciate your comments. I was saddened to hear already that there are appeals in process, people gathering signatures & working round the clock to find a loop hole. I am not sure if there is anything that anyone can do to over turn this Prop. but I am sure they will try. Will it ever end??

D and C said...

Mare, You really never do cease to amaze me. I am honored to be your sister. I love you so much, and I was so proud of how much effort you put in for your beliefs, especially with everything else on your plate right now.
I love you.
I am proud of you. YOu are THE example to me.

Tracy said...

Marianne,

Nor did my candidate win, but there is a bigger picture here. We need to continue to fight for God's word. To stand for truth. To the point of people who pretend not to hate, yet hate me for my words of the bible. This is a victory. I'm sad that you will be moving away. We haven't had a chance to get together. Let's keep in touch. Take care,
Tracy

Mark and Kiss said...

Marianne, you are awesome! You could not have born a stronger testimony! Although I live out of state, we have been very aware of the battle in CA. Way to go!!!!!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones