Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pro's & Con's of Moving List #1 of I'm sure many...

Here's my list of Pro's & Con's of moving. My mind has to do this & see it on paper for me to be able to try & figure out how to process this"big move".

PRO'S

Being close to my parents

Being in a place that is slower paced

Housing that is affordable & worth the dollar you pay for it

Better schools for our children

Larger populas of LDS families/more LDS children in schools with my children

Will be closer to Amanda when she goes to college, she wants to go to BYU Idaho.

Then if our other two children might possibly choose to go to BYU Idaho, we would be closer to them as well. A nice plus would be in state tuition... Can't beat that :):)

A new adventure for our family

CON'S

Leaving the place we grew up

Leaving all of our very good friends

Leaving the friends we have known forever

Kevin leaving his job that he loves w/ the people he really likes

Kevin leaving his church & dear friends Pastor Mike and family

Kevin leaving his sports teams, & all the games so close by for him to see

Kevin leaving his sports that he plays

The kids leaving their friends, schools, & the life the only life they have ever known

Going into the unknown & leaving behind the life we love & have here

I wish that we could get this for sure sign that says YES GATCHELL'S GO it's going to be ok... too bad it doesn't work that way. Just had to get this out of my head... thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Krissy Pimentel said...

OK, so I totally know how you feel. At least you are not going first and by yourself. But it will be fine. And all the things you mentioned are valid points of concern. However, nothing is more important then family. That wins out all the time. No matter how dysfunctional we are, we are still family.

You will make new friends, and Kevin will make new friends. He is the most out going non shy person I know, well next to me.... anyway I have full confidence in Kevin that he will make the most friends the fastest. And the ample amount of sporting activites for him there will keep him very busy. Before you know it, you will be complaining of him always being gone.

And your kids will love it. Especially Amanda. The influence there will be so much better for her. And again the most important thing is family. All of our kids have always been around each other....ALWAYS. I can't imagine them not having all there cousins around. If we are all together everything will work out. You will see. Have faith Mare, have faith. I know you are capable. Take the leap you will see.

I love you and if you don't come I am going to be so MAD....do you hear me, MAD, MAD, MAD!!!! Leave me stuck in ID with out you.

D and C said...

I second EVERYTHING Krissy said AND I add that Heavenly Father gives us opportunity to step outside of our Comfort zone so that we can GROW. When you move to Idaho, you and Kevin and your marriage and your children and your family will get stronger. Your bond together will thicken. You can do it. We are ALL on our way to a new start and a GREAT future!!!!!
LOVE YOU!

Mark and Kiss said...

Wow, you have a lot going on.... I know its a big stress. We just moved last year from wonderful friends and Mark's family in Colorado to be out here by my parents. It's been a tough year for many reasons, but I am so glad that we are here. Good luck with all that you do.

I miss you Mare! Give me a call, or e-mail me your phone number, I would love to catch up with each other soon. chacona1chick@yahoo.com

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones