Hey there!
Well it's been a while since I have blogged. I feel strange blogging without pictures to post. And since I have yet to get to Electronic Confusion Store to purchase what I think I need to make my camera able to upload my pictures off my camera... there's like 700 pictures on there. Nor have I got a cable for my printer. I better get on that, when we need to print we come upstairs to use my parents printer. But with them leaving soon we won't have that back up. So I guess at some point I might need to get on that. I know, I know, yes it's all on me, bc I have forgetful procrastination issues it has yet to be done. I really like when posts have pictures with them. So it kind of stinks but I thought I ought to have something every now & then on here.
Here is what we have been up to:
Emily has started select soccer, as well as basketball. She just signed up for JOBL softball which won't start for a few months. She also made the softball team at her school. She's a busy gal for sure. She's also getting straight A+'s . But don't let this great reporting fool ya, she's sassy as the day is long!!! For sure, my middle child is my most wild child.
Kyle just had his pine wood derby last night. He did really well. His car was super cool, it was a shark with fins & everything. He worked really hard on it, & with the help of his very awesome Grandpa it really rocked. As the races started he was really off to a great start. He finished first by a good amount on his first 3 races. But then averaged out after that. He came in 4th over all & got an award for the Swimmingest Car, cool. I will post pictures someday I'm sure... well not sure but wan't too. He also graduated to a gold belt last month in his Kung Fu. This month he is participating in his first tournament ever. He is super excited. He will be doing some sparring & also be doing some form work. It should be really cool. He really loves Kung Fu, & the whole program has been really great for him.
Amanda is super stoked as she will be going in for her drivers license test this next week. She can not wait to drive all by herself. The car we bought her just needs to have a new battery ( we hope that's all it needs... ) It's a cute little black Toyota Camry with a sun roof. Don't freak out it's a 96 I think, so not a new car, no way. But it's totally in great shape & should get her through until she can get her own car later down the road. We hope it will last until Emily is driving, it's a Toyota come in, there's a shot right? :) She will be 17 in March, so she really wanted to have her license before her B-day. Hmm pray she passes!
We have just been settling into our life her back at the old homestead. We are blessed beyond blessed to have a place to live while we are in transition. But we're a tiny bit bummed bc the house could really use a good amount of TLC. But with things being so much in the air & us not knowing how long we will be here it's hard to put much into it. Two reasons, one my parents house is on the market, but so far no offers. So we keep hoping for their sake that it does sale soon. So if it sales then we will have to move out. The other is that we HOPE & PRAY BIG TIME that Kevin will be able to find a job somewhere in the Boise area so we can move in the summer time. YIKES... big prayers happening here for that one. So anywho this is the life we are living. Which is hard bc we just don't know one way or the other right now. Part of me wants to start cleaning up & fixing up & hanging my things on the walls. But then the other part says why go through all the trouble.... the latter wins out every time.
I guess a great description of our life right now is LIMBO. & let me tell you I have never been good at LIMBO!
Very soon at the end of the month we will be saying good bye to my parents. They will be leaving for their new home in Middleton Id. My sister Krissy & her family are there already. They are settling in, the kids are loving it & it seems to be a good thing. Of course it's going to be hard, really hard to say good bye. I have never ever been away from my parents. We have always been within minutes of them. Now we will be several states away from each other. Plus I have been super spoiled being here basically under the same roof with them for several months now. It's going to be super hard, but I am trying my darndest to just handle it. They will be back every couple months to visit my granny. Which is really nice. I am looking forward to that.
I try & not be too sad about it in front of them. I want them to be excited about this big move. They so deserve it, this is their dream. Well everything except the part about not being near all of their children. But this is so good for them & they should take this opportunity & enjoy the heck out of it. We will all survive, we will. Who knows, maybe this is going to be a huge growing moment in my life. To be able to live without my mommy & daddy within a stones throw. Sniff Sniff, hold on let me blow my nose & regroup. It's going to be ok, it's going to be ok.
This Sat. they are having a going away party for them at the church.They are excited & it will be nice to have a celebration for them. Thanks to such great friends here that wanted to help with this celebration of their life which extends over 40 years right here in Concord. Ahhh life!!
So now how do I go about letting everyone know that the 2nd pew on the right side of the church is permanently taken... in memory of the Fluds! Also bc we never get there earlier enough to take it, no one better sit there, it's taken!!!!:):):) J/k but seriously I'm not, J/k no I am really not kidding!!!
Well hopefully my next post will be accompanied by some photos. Also you will have to forgive me when you see my 8 billion posts with all my catching up to do. Yep it's gonna be crazy!
See ya!!!



3 comments:
OK seriously, about time. I was about to delete you from my blog as another blog to check out. Kind of like you expired...hahahaha
It's good to hear from you again.I totally get the pew thing - when Larry Crump passed away I felt bothered when people sat in his pew-it was like they had no respect.Of course I could'nt yank them out of the pew but I sure felt bothered.It seems I'm a bit resistant to change.Love,Michelle.
Finally we get to here from you!!! I'm so happy to read about things going on with the Gatchell's you know I really miss being in Primary
even now that Colton is getting older it is killing me I do get my fix every Sunday evening with the low-down from my kids.Sniff Sniff.
we need to do something heyt are you coming Wed. night?
I might have a cord for your Camera.
Emily
Post a Comment