Wednesday, October 7, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY DEAR! KEV'S 40! WHAT!!

It is true Kevin Gatchell turned 40! WHAT! He's says it feels a little weird, but other then that, it was just another birthday. He's handling it very well we think.


I thought I would say a few things about Kevin, my husband & best friend, & Amanda, Emily, & Kyle's bestest dad ever.

Kevin is a wonderful man. He is all of these things & more: kind, funny, sweet, loving, accepting, understanding, energetic, soft hearted, charasmatic, charming, playful, has a fantastic memory, talkable, friendly, & just a really good guy. He is a really great dad. He enjoys spending time with our children. He loves to play with them, wrestle, run around, chase, laugh & listen. It's very important that they each know how interested in their lives he is. He makes sure he makes it to anything they are involved in as often as he can. He makes it a point to make sure they know they have his full support. He is a really great husband. He understands me, he really does. He loves me, all of me, for everything that I am & sometimes that I am not. He wants us to just be happy in the life we are living. He makes the best out of any situation & just rolls with life. He works so hard for our family, he has 3 jobs, his regular fulltime job, & then he umpires softball, & referees basketball. He doesn't complain about all the work he does. He loves spending his time with us, & we know that. We are so blessed to have this wonderful man in our lives. So HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD/KEV. WE LOVE YOU!!!

Here is the traditional Emily's b-day breakfast in bed.

Birthday boy with his balloons & gifts. The kids with his b-day pie. Family b-day pic. The whole family... This is the sign we made for him, he really liked it. Look at that handsome birthday boy... Here are some of the events of the day. At church Kevin had a happy birthday over the pulpit from his pastor & good friend Mike during the sermon. Then at soccer, Emily's whole team sang him happy birthday. We went to dinner at Red Robin's, where we had a very animated happy birthday song & dance by the employees, it was hilarious. Then we stopped by the von Savoyes for a birthday song & some treats, so nice of them. Then we headed home for some pie & our own birthday celebration. I think he had a very nice birthday. He had a ton of friends wish him a happy birthday via facebook. Then the calls from family to wish him a happy day.I think he was feeling the love don't you.

Happy Birthday Dad/Kev, we love you & hope you had a great b-day!!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, what a wonderful tribute to a great Dad and Hubby. Happy Belated 40th to Kevin!

D and C said...

I cannot believe he is soooo old!!! LOL!!! I love everything you said about Kevin, and I agree. Seriously a good guy! Love him. Happy old man birthday kevy!!!
D

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones