Friday, October 23, 2009

Mom/Sister's Weekend Idaho= Too Much Fun!! 10-09

I love this, & yes I think it is true I really do. Well where to begin... Sister's Weekend. I love this time, even more this year bc we have all been away from each other for some time now. So it was really special to be able to get to spend time together. I flew in on Thurs. & spent until Mon. evening all by myself, no hubby or kids. I told you it was a special treat :) Deanna drove over from Utah too. We stayed at mom & dad's. It was so much fun, like a really big sleepover every night. We had several crafts planned, & of course lots of yummy food. It was really one big gab fest with tons of giggling & plenty of hard core laughing till we almost cried. Lots of jib jabbing, bc we are sisters after all & that is what we do, but all in good loving fun. A few late night chat sessions & you guessed it, more snacking. We celebrated Waylon's 2nd B-day while I was there too. A super fun party, with games, food, yummy cake & watching Waylon ride his little motorcycle for the first time. We even did some shopping at the D.I. store. YEAH ME!! I got like 3 bags of stuff, really awesome things all for me. I also shared the wealth with my kids too, they got some great things too. Man I wish we had one of these stores near us... oh well a treat for Idaho times. We were only short one sister, Desi whom we really missed. But she'll be able to make it next year bc she'll be there too. I had so much fun with my mom & sisters. I am one blessed little lady to be a part of a family that really sticks together through it all & after the dust settles still loves each other.



Here are some photos of our time together, good good times.

Krissy, Mare & Deanna Dad & Mare., I love my dad, I so so do. I think he's amazing & I am the most lucky girl to have a dad like him. Love you DadWe met up at Target when I got in to get some last minute items for our crafts. It was so good to see Krissy & Lauren. I miss them lots, & they miss me too. Side note, this Target has a baby grand piano inside, they play beautiful music while you're shopping, WOW!! It has a salon, a bank, a restaurant & a grocery store. CRAZY AWESOME! I could have spent many many hours right here. D & Mare Part 1: dinner & tackling making pajammy pants. This is our DELCIOUS dinner I made. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! Dinner with the fancy dishes... cool huh. Yep that is me right there pinning a pattern down. I know crazy right? This is me with our friend Lisa Corn. She is FABULOUS!! She is my mom & dad's neighbor, what a great family. They have 10 kids, yes they do the oldest is 16 & the youngest is 2. Doesn't she remind you of the Hale girls?? Anyways she is amazing, she took time out to come & teach us all how to make pajammy pants. She is very patient & a very good seamstress. It was fun to get to know her & share this night with her. I also don't think we scared her away with all of our sassiness, she hung right in there with the best & the not so best of us. THANKS LISA!!! Kely having some chill time, doesn't she look comfy? D & LisaYes your eyes are not deceiving you, it is me, Marianne actually using a sewing machine. I didn't even break it, & even more astonishing, it didn't break me. It was a major accomplishment on my to do list. This is Justin, he made a cool bag to store his little treasures in. This is Lauren making a very fashionable scarf for those cold Idaho winters.
Caryn pinning her pattern on. Caryn is actually pretty good at sewing. She is currently making a quilt for my mom. We think it will be ready in time to burry her in... :) J/K she is working steadily on it & it's going to beautiful. Krissy won the most improved by the end of the night award. She was jamming on wharp speed on those machines. She is a smarty pants quick learner over achiever. We only pretend to like her :) Deanna was hilarious with this machine, she would start to go a tad & then push to hard on the peddle. The machine would kind of take off on her, she would scream & then Lisa would start over with her. Finally Lisa unplugged the peddle & let her feed the material through manually. That worked much better. Again, it was comedy so very worth it. Part 2: pumpkin & picture frame making day, & even some painting.

Ewww this is my mom & Krissy's Cricut machine. This thing is amazing. You can do pretty much anything & everything with this bad boy. I can't wait to get up there & start learning all the different amazing things you can do with this machine. My mom bought it mainly to do her vinly lettering for her glass blocks she makes. But really the possibilities are endless, exciting.Group shot of pumpkin making. These are the adorable little pumpkins that we decorated. We made their ears, & faces & little whiskers. Super cute!

TADAH...here they are, the fruits of our labors. Super awesome crafts everyone. LOVE THEM ALL! Ah yes here is Little Miss Lauren, she had to be in a picture with her stash of goodies too. So this year we made some great crafts. We made pajammy pants, we made little pumpkins, we made little goal jars, we made a picture frame with our intials on it, & even did some painting of cutesy Halloween wooden pieces. Such creative little personalities we are.


Sunday we went to church at my parents ward. It was nice to sit in church with my mom & dad again. I really miss that, a whole lot actually. Is this photo not precious or what? This is Lauren making her Great Grandma who is 99 yrs. old "pretty" for church. I love this...thanks D for getting such a great shot.
Here is Granny enjoying the sunshine & the motor cross that had taken over the back yard.
Here is little Waylon on his new dirt bike, so cute it has training wheels. LOVE IT! He did too. I am not sure who was having more fun, Waylon or Johnny who was on cloud 9 watching his little boy on his bike. It was so neat to be there watching them.
Lauren who has a split personality of a dare devil rider as well as a pretty princess. Justin, he is a crazy little dude, following right along in his dad & uncles foot steps. I hope they have good insurance... :) So cute, if you could have heard Johnny's giggle it was almost a sob of happiness. Justin & Waylon Johnny, Kely & Waylon The sheep, Chomper & Juliene Mom & Dad happy to have all the action happening on their track. Me, Mom & Dad Krissy, Jason, Justin & Lauren Me with my neices & nephews, good times.Walyon had a ball with his B-day presents. He was in hog heaven. Ok is this not the most adorable picture ever? I love this so much. Justin, howdy partner! Lauren is a beautiful cowgirl! Super sweet! Happy Birthday Waylon, we LOVE you! Waylon was a little unsure of the B-day song. He is covering his ears, this was funny. He was cool again after the song was over. Do we sound that bad? After the b-day party was over & there was some down time we did this:

Ahhh the marble game. My granny LOVES this game, I mean really really LOVES this game. It's all she wants to do anymore. She is pretty hilarious to play with too. If you don't watch her closely she cheats... HYSTERICAL! If you call her on it she gets down right anwry with you, & is not opposed to call you a nasty name. She is also a cut throat player, no family favoritism here. I can't complain it is a fun game to play.We have been playing it with her since we were little. I love this picture, Granny & I had just kicked my dad & Deanna's butt at the marble game. She was so excited & my dad was not very happy to lose. GREAT GAME GRANNY!! Thanks for playing with me, always better to be your partner then be your opponent.:):)
And,then it was time to go home. It is always hard to say goodbye. I miss being near my family heartwrenchly so. I love just knowing we are close to each other. So for now it's hard on all of us. But before we know it Christmas will be here. Then we will be back there for some more great family memories.
Thanks again for making this a great sisters/mom weekend. I had such an amazing time with you all. Love you, until then...

3 comments:

D and C said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. IT's my FAVORITE. I love all of the awesome pictures, and I LOVE that one of me and you towards the bottom. IT really was a fantastic time. I LOVE YOU MARE. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks,
D

Krissy Pimentel said...

I am so glad that you finally did some more posting on your blog. It looks great, and I love the posts. You did a great job. I love all the pictures too. love it!!!! And I love you!!!! and miss you!!!!

Laura said...

Marianne, that made me miss my family too! In fact, I was tearing up a bit at the end there.

Looks like you had so much fun. You deserve it! You're the best!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones