Saturday, March 13, 2010

GRANNY... we love you & will miss you...

OUR GRANNY...

Here are some pictures of our Granny I wish I had more. I just wanted to make sure that she was a part of our family blog, because she was sure a part of our family.


VICTORY: GRANNY WAS ALWAYS ON THE WINNING TEAM... you can see that it wasn't fun to be beat by her... look at the face dad. You might need some sportsmanship lessons or a good old fashioned whipping from your mamma!


Lauren getting Granny all prettied up for church... precious moment. Dad & his mom. The marble game...

This is our Granny she was a funny lady... we'll miss that & you Granny.


This Feb. we lost our Granny. She lived to be 99 years old, that's a long time on this earth. She got to see many changes while here, I can't really imagine living long enough to see all the things she did. Her strength is something I think I most admired. She lived the majority of her life a single mother raising her children to be the best they could be. I will always love her for helping to make my father the man he is. My dad once gave Granny a B-day card that read something to the effect of, " I am only as good as I am because of you, because of you I am the man I am today." I love that, & it's true. Granny was a very hard worker, she didn't shy away from anything. She did what had to be done to support her children & never stopped giving it her all. I wish that I would have taken more time to really really get to know her. I will remember her stories of her youth, her trials, & her accomplishments. I will remember the many marble games we played. I know my children will remember them as well. I will remember how much she wanted to be strong up until her last moments. She was a fighter & her strength I am most grateful for. I think I may have received a little of that & I thank her for it. We will miss you Granny, all of us. But I know that you are in a place of much happiness now. I know that you are being taken care of & that heaven is a little feistier now that you have joined the party.




1 comment:

D and C said...

This post was awesome and I think you did such a beautiful job describing Granny. You are awesome Mare. She will deffinitely be missed. I LOVED the pictures.
D

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones