I must apologize for my MAJOR lack of blogging. I am not doing well on keeping up with the exciting ever changing life of our family.
We have had some big news & some exciting things going on. I am just behind. Bc I am a freak about things being posted in order on our family blog. I am just trying to find that order so I can get some stuff on here.
I think I have mentioned that I love sharing our families journey's for lack of a better word with any of you that would like to follow along (you might be considered odd, bc we for sure are. So if you are checking our blog out on a regular basis then consider your self part of our "odd dysfuntion" in a good way of course)!
I have been without a camera of our own since New Years. When some intoxicated numnuts tossed it into the wall. I have been looking for a replacement since then. Also waiting for Kev's bonus check so I could add some money to that small amount the numnuts gave me to replace mine. His check has arrived so now the search is on for the best camera that fits our family. I am having a hard time trying to find one that works. Any suggestions would be GTEAT! I don't want one that is huge, or real heavy, or overly complicated. Bc going onlong with odd, dysfunction is also mild retardation. I have not much to offer in the mechanical figure it out department. So I don't want to have to get a PHD in my camera to be able to use it. Plus I don't want to spend a ton of money. As the Gatchell's are good for turn around on anything we own... meaning things don't usually have a long shelf life in our family. SO... PLEASE any suggestions would be AWESOME!!! I would like a camera that takes great action shots as we have some athletes in our family. Also a camera that can take some good long distance photos. THANKS PEEPS!!!
Another side note bc some of you might say HOLY WHAT THE WHAT!!! You post like 100 pictures on your blog. I know I know, but you see my goal (scary word & some sweat here) is to one day print a year to year blog book to use as our family journel. I don't scrap book or even put my photos in a album. Even my first kid is without a baby book, just not my thing. I have boxes of all their crap I mean cherished memorabilia... but no organized books of any sort. So this blog will be our family journal. Hence all the thousands of pictures per blog entry. I don't want us to miss out on any of them. Plus I do take a lot of pictures & any of you that know me personally know I have MAJOR ISSUES on making choices between anything. So deciding on which pictures to post well that just doesn't work for me.
Ok so here are some things we have been doing while I have been NOT BLOGGING:
We had Granny's funeral, all the family came down minus Jason, Justin & Christian. Granny will be missed she was an amazing woman 99 + yrs on this earth. She was a trooper her whole life, a hard worker, an insanely strong woman with lessons in life that anyone can learn a thing or two from. But instead of being sad for her, we celebrated her life & were very joyous in her reunion with all that have passed before her & her chance to be free & live again. We love you GRANNY!
I took a trip to Utah for a HUGE BLESSING & ANSWER IN FAITHFUL PRAYERS! Baby Emma has arrived & is OH SO BEAUTIFUL! Deanna & Christian adopted a precious pumpkin little her name is Emma Elaine Munoz. She is PERFECT!! I was spoiled enough to go & spend 5 days with them. Mom, dad, Krissy, Caryn & Lauren & Jazzy D's best friend joined me. It was so wonderful to be there with them & spend some time. We chatted, laughed, argued, supported, & loved on that baby the whole time. While there Deanna was super spoiled with 2 baby showers. It was great to see old friends & meet new ones. They have a super support system there so it gives us her family who aren't right there relief to know they are being taken care of. We are so happy that Baby Emma is here & hope she is ready to be loved until she POPS by a huge crazy family.
Amanda had some very very big news too. She got in to BYU Idaho & will going on the winter/spring track leaving in Jan. She is very excited but also a little nervous. This is BIG NEWS for us & we couldn't be more proud! She also just celebrated her 18th birthday!!!CRAZY STUFF for sure! We can't really even believe that 18 years have gone by. Amanda is an incredible young woman. She has brought us countless moments of joy, laughter, & proud ah-hah moments too. We sure love her & are so blessed to call her our daughter.
So you see these are just a few things that have been happening in the crazy life of the Gatchell's. I promise to post some photos as I break down & blog about each event on it's own. As soon as I catch my breath from the whirlwind that has been our life this past month or so.
See ya back here in a bit... promise...



2 comments:
Mare,
All I can say is that I love you so so much. I would NOT have made it through the emotional roller coaster I have been on without you. Thank you for your honesty, your unconditional love, your advice and your expertise. You are an amazing mother, your children are proof. I just love you so much Mare. You amaze me and I love you more than I could ever express.
Thank you for being the best sister in the world. I am blessed to have such amazing sisters as examples of the kind of mother I hope to be to Emma. Thank you for loving her so much. It touches my heart to know she is so loved.
LOVE YOU.
Marianne! You crack me up! I love your honest, entertaining writing. Seriously so glad I was able to drive from California to Utah with you! Your family is adorable. I can't wait to see the pictures.
Post a Comment