Friday, August 6, 2010
Can It Be? Amanda's Very Last Day Of Highschool!!!
WOW can it really be?? I think I might have been in a good amount of denial about this day actually coming. This past school year was a total blur. It started with her taking her senior pictures, applying for college, turning 18, her senior prom, & bringing home her cap & gown. I can't really put it into words the feelings & emotions I have about our first child leaving the nest. Kevin has always looked at all these new big moments as being super exciting. While I tend to look on them with yes excitement but also maybe a little more sadness. I always want to hold on way too tightly to times past. Those times when she was little, when she needed me for everything, where she couldn't survive without me. I know this is a big moment for Amanda, I know I should be celebrating her independence & her growth. I AM, I AM, I promise. But still on the inside I am crying out for her to be my baby sitting in my lap looking up at me with those big blue/green eyes & smiling that big huge Amanda smile that melts your heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment