Monday, June 16, 2008

A FATHERS DAY TRIBUTE TO MY OWN DAD!!






I couldn't let this day go by with out saying a few things about my own dad. Where to begin, my dad is really without a doubt, hands down, absolutely the greatest, more bestest way fabulous, totally coolest, most awesome dad in the world!! I say that & you know what, I mean it. I have to say that without my dad life would just plain stink. I depend on my dad & always have. I know that no matter what, when ever, where ever, what ever my dad will be there. For not just me, but for my hubby, & for my kids. The example of Christ like loves is shown in the way he cares & protects & serves & loves my mother. That is what I know my own husband looks up to in him, and my children will be able to look back on when they choose to be married. What a blessing in our lives that example has been. He has been there for everything in my life, the super rough times, the not so my most fantastic choices in life times, the times of trouble, the obnoxious stubborn, think I am right & you are all wrong & you can all suck it times, the defiant times, the push push push you away times. Then of course he has been there for the really wonderul really amazing times. My wedding time, my bringing all three of my children into this world times, my blessing of all three of my babies times, the baptizing of all three of my children times, my coming back to church times, my first calling in church times, my first talk as a grown up time. He has been the grandpa of the year for 16 years straight & no doubt as long as he is living he will hold that title! He loves my children & is there for them for everything. He comes to their games, to their school programs, to their church programs, he is there for it all. I can not & will not even ever think of life with out my dad. He is my favorite, (secretly I am his favorite too shhh we don't like to say that out loud for hurt feelings you know... :) & I know without a doubt my dad was picked special to be my dad. He was meant to be the head of our family, and will be that head of our family for all eternity. I am blessed & so is my husband & my children to have this wonderful man in our lives. I love you DAD, Happy Father's Day, Love Mare

7 comments:

Krissy Pimentel said...

OK Mare I have to agree with all the great things you said about our dad. He truly is the best dad EVER!!!! And I feel all the things you feel. That is an amazing feeling to have a great father in our lives and to feel the love and support of him. So I agree with everything EXCEPT the whole "you are his favorite" crap. You just think you are his favorite, but you just work him to death, I am his favorite, because when he comes to my house I spoil him with goodies and he sits back and relaxes in my bliss....hahahaha!!!! So BITE ME

Kisses :o)

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

I cracked up over that moose photo! Your dad is so cute, honestly have thought so for many years! he is so sweet and I love how he cares for your mom. Now the rest of your girls quit fighting over him..OK?

D and C said...

LOL!!! Your post was awesome Mare. You are right about everything. We really do have an amazing dad. He is even more amazing because he can make each of us feel like we are his favorite...that take talent! lol!!

D and C said...

Just for the record...I SOOO did not ELONGATE my face in that picture!!! So...EAT IT!!! lol!

CA Poppy said...

Of course you totally made me cry. You have a wonderful family and you're so accepting of others - I love being around you guys. Also Joseph is still talking about your mother's sweet beans and he wants me to make them for tomorrow. If you get this message please send me the recipe. Oh, Amy thinks she is the favorite in our family too.

Barbara said...

What a sweet tribute to your dad, Marianne. I've known your dad was awesome from the first time he set foot in our Ceemar Ct. home (to recruit Andrew into scouting). I also loved being on the same level with him one year at girls camp (he made Krissy learn to make a tri-pod from branches on our hike). All of the Leals love Harold!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones