Well let me start this out by saying... life does not always do what we want it to. I am learning to accept this, it's not easy by any means. My whole family, mom, dad, sisters & brother & their families will be gone by summer. With the exception of my oldest sister & her daugthers, I won't be all alone, for awhile anyways. This for sure will be the hardest thing I have gone through to date. I am very, very close to all my family. Some might say too close. But this is just the way things are. We all have been very blessed to have grown up & been able to stay close & raise our families right near each other. This I know is a rarity & one I am very grateful for.
So now things are changing, lots of things are changing. Guess what?? I DO NOT LIKE CHANGE!! Well I don't like bad change. Change that is good is ok, but bad change not so good, I don't like it one bit. I know that I will grow as a person, my family will grow together, and become closer as we depend solely upon each other. Perhaps that will be the blessing, our little family will become closer & stronger while we deal with the transition & being away from our extended family. That's what I'm going for anyways...
We will be moving into our new place tomorrow, I am actually excited. I decided that staying here in the house, in my parent house without them here was just too hard. It was like a constant reminder that they weren't here. So now that their house has sold & we have found a place to live & we are packing up AGAIN, I am actually looking forward to moving into our new place. Now not that the moving process is exciting, but getting a new start on this little new phase of our life is. The new place we are moving into is really nice. It has been completely remodeled & it looks beautiful. For that I am grateful, really happy. The best news is that the house is in our same ward boundaries & the same school boundaries. So now more transitions for anyone. Good news for sure!!!
I still hope & pray that we will be able to get to Idaho & join the rest of my family. Kevin's job has a current contract for the next three years. So with that, we might be sticking around until his contract is up. I still am holding out for a miracle that some fantastic job will just fall into his lap & off we will be. But for now I am trying to make the best of what is happening right now. It's my new goal. We are still busy, busy with church, school, sports, work, you know the norm. My mom & dad will be coming back to Ca. to visit often. Then we will make sure that we can take a few trips up to see them. It WILL be ok, I WILL be ok, they WILL be ok, it's all GOING to be ok.



4 comments:
YOU WILL be ok!!! Mare, you are my favorite sister for a reason. Your strength is amazing. Our family is going to be fine. I know that the transition away from how things use to be will be difficult at first, but YOU know the gospel. You KNOW that Heavenly Father has a plan, specifically FOR YOU and for YOUR family. I know this challenge will bring with it the best of blessings. I am so proud of you for just gritting your teeth and doing what you have to do. You are an AMAZING person, and AMAZING mother, an AMAAAAAAZING wife, and an even better sister. I love you. ALWAYS, no matter the distance!!
D
Well I would have to agree with Deanna. I know things seem tough now, but you will be blessed in the future, I know it. And this will make you stronger. All things in life make you stronger. You will fall into a groove and things will be ok. And we all know that time flies, and before you know it you will be here too. And as long as you make it a priority to visit us up here then it will be fine. So you can tell your friends that your vacations with them are pretty much OVER...b/c we come first. So HA!!!! Things will work out for you, you will see. Just be patient and not look too hard for the blessing, b/c it will just fall right into your lap when you least expect it too. I love you, and miss you so much. I wish I was there to give you a big hug.
Kisses,
KP
Okay, you talked me into it. I will be your replacement sister.
:)
(Is it okay that I am secretly VERY glad that you are still here???? You are a total and complete ray of sunshine and I love you to pieces!)
Signed,
Your new favorite sister
(Connie) :)
How are you doing Mare? Call me!
Post a Comment