Saturday, May 2, 2009

Good bye to the Ca. Flud home, you were pretty great!

Wow the end to a wonderful 40 yrs. These are pictures for our memories. Our childhood home, where we were raised & lived a really great life. I guess when you grow up somewhere your whole life you always think that will always be your home. Well it kind of will be, even though it's not our home anymore. In our hearts it will always be. These pics are of a empty home, something we never thought we would ever see. But, now it's on to more memories. Mom & Dad's house in Id. it's FABULOUS! We will love the new memories we will make there. But will always hold dear our childhood home in Ca. Wow all the "junk/excuse me, I mean stuff" is gone...
The boat is gone...

The pantry, empty? Crazy... The kitchen, empty...so clean. The bookshelves too...nutty. The apartment, cleaned out... HOLY WHAT??? The garage, empty, clean, nothing left?? WOW!!! Never in a million years would we have thought the garage would look like this... No motor home... The swing, the plants, the waterfall, the Flud Family sign...gone. Thank you for the memories, the great upbringing, the good life that happened here. You will forever stay in our hearts 1320 La Vista Ave.
THANKS!!!












5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Whoa! This is very sweet and sad at the same time. I guess the word is bittersweet. I really have so many memories of this house and your family! But the essence of the happiness that was there was your family and you have all taken that love with you.

laura.elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! I can totally relate to the bittersweet feelings you must be having right now. I get teary eyed just thinking about my parents moving. There are just so many memories in Concord- the ward, the school, our house, and of course all of our friends. Wow! I admire your attitude and perspective and I am really happy for your parents!

Krissy Pimentel said...

WOW Mare, I have done really good not getting emontional. I think I was doing good because I was not there to see it all happen. But seeing these pictures brought tears to my eyes. And all the emotions came flowing in. The sadness of not being there, and not watching everything take place and not being to walk through one last time and reflect on our WHOLE lives there. Like Bonnie said, the happiness was our family there, and yes we have taken that with us. The new memories we will make will be wonderful in our new families home. Mom and dads house will always be our home no matter where their house is. I really wish I could have been there with you to feel all the emotion of the house, mom and dad leaving, and us being gone. You will make it through this, and it just gives you something to look forward to and to work toward. We will all be together soon, I know it. Have faith!!!!

I love you!!!!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

This post made me SO sad. You know, our house was never beautiful, or extravigant, but it was OURS. We have SO MANY memories there, and I am STILL not fully ready to accept that that will no longer be our home. I am so grateful for the amazing memories we have made there. We have an awesome family, and that house was a HUGE part of it. BUT...things change, and we have to move on, and now we are moving on to better things for our family. Mom and Dad are SOOOO happy in their new dream home, and we will all follow suit when the timing is right for our own families. I loved these pictures. THANK YOU mare. I LOVE YOU!
D

D and C said...

This post made me SO sad. You know, our house was never beautiful, or extravigant, but it was OURS. We have SO MANY memories there, and I am STILL not fully ready to accept that that will no longer be our home. I am so grateful for the amazing memories we have made there. We have an awesome family, and that house was a HUGE part of it. BUT...things change, and we have to move on, and now we are moving on to better things for our family. Mom and Dad are SOOOO happy in their new dream home, and we will all follow suit when the timing is right for our own families. I loved these pictures. THANK YOU mare. I LOVE YOU!
D

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones