Monday, May 18, 2009

My Mother's Day, full of adventure as usual.

So these are the only pictures of my Mother's Day. Not bc this is all we did for my Mother's day, just bc they are the only pics that were taken. My morning started off wonderful. The kids made me breakfast in bed. However I was already up & showered with my church clothes on. Kevin came in & said hey get back in bed their coming with your breakfast you're supposed to be in bed. So I hopped back into bed with my clothes on, they we're only slightly fooled. I guess my wet hair gave it away. It was so sweet, they really love to do these things. Little moments like these are so good.

Then the morning was off & running, you know church at 9:00. Kyle (sadly my only primary kid left) sang to me the Mother Dear song at church. So sweet, always makes me tear up. Then he came back & sat down next to me & said, "Only for you mom, bc I love you." He didn't want to go up there, but he did, bc he loves me. In our ward they love the mommies. We get See's candy for Mother's Day. What a yummy treat! It was also B-day Sun. in YW so I got a few of my yummy cookies. Once a month the leaders take turns bringing treats for that months b-days. This was my turn. It was a sweet treat day at church, got to love that.

Of course what Sunday wouldn't be complete without my Sun. nap. I love to take a nap after church, it's kind of my thing. But today Kevin took the kids to the park so the house would be extra quiet. He also did the dishes, & put them away, & vaccumed the rugs. Awww... Amanda had to work that day, she was sad. She thought she only had to work a 3 hour shift. But it didn't turn out that way. She worked from 2:00-8:00. It was weird to not have here with us on Mother's Day. When I awoke from my very nice 4 hour nap, yea me! Kevin had planned for us to go get lunch, ( Subway & a picnic) & take a little hike through Turtle Creek. It was very pleasant, & a nice treat. We stopped by Subway picked up our lunch, & a sandwich for Amanda even though she wasn't there with us. We then found a nice spot to sit & eat our lunch. The two pics are of our picnic at the park.

As Kevin was putting the blankets & things back in the car, Emily & Kyle decided to go play at the playground. Not too long after that, we had to make a pit stop back at the house for some digestive issues,(this is what we will call them). In between this time Cody chased some ducks into the nasty pond water. Emily & Kyle were freaking out bc they were in a very big hurry to get home. It was kind of funny, as usually it is me with food& tummy issues. So we jammed back home, for what was supposed to be a quick stop. About an hour later, it was almost 8:00. Amanda called to see where we were. She said I'm almost off, wait for me before you go back to the park I want to come. So we waited, she wasn't home until 8:30.
By then it was too late to go back out, Kevin was a little disappointed. He just wanted to go walking on the trail & spend a nice day with his family on Mother's Day. I had to reassure him that it was a nice day. I got everything I wanted from my Mother's Day. I spent time with my family, had a yummy lunch, took a very nice nap, got breakfast in bed, had some household chores done not by me, got yummy treats at church, a lovely song by my Kyle, and got lovies all day long from the people I love most. What more could I have asked for...


1 comment:

D and C said...

IT just goes to show you what an amazing little family you and Kev have. Your kids are awesome, and I am so glad you had a good day. Kev was awesome to clean for you, I keep telling Christian that is the way to my heart! LOL! I miss you Mare, and I am so glad you got a little spoiled for your special day!
LOVE YOU and LOVED the pictures. YOu are looking good!!!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones