The Concord 2nd Girls Camp Crew, WE ROCK!!!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Girls Camp Rucker Lake 7-09
So this year was bitter sweet at girls camp. Sweet bc it was Emily's first year at camp. Let me tell you she ate it up. She had a blast & was just taking it all in. It was alot of fun to watch her be herself at girls camp. Bitter bc this was Amanda's last year at girls camp. She went as a High Adventure this year & let me just say they went out with a BANG! They did some really amazing, crazy, insane stuff. I know the experiences Amanda had all through her camp years will stay with her & have helped to make her the wonderful young woman she is now. Girls Camp really is a wonderful place.
The Concord 2nd Girls Camp Crew, WE ROCK!!!
Here is Emily with the 1st years at Flag.
Look we even make the stake staff dance for their food :)
Emily & her 1st years singing for their food. A girls camp tradition.
Ok so this is funny, every now & then we would have "SPONTANEOUS DANCE PARTY" Hilarious!
Here's Christina with Morgan.
Kristine ( My partner in crime for the last 2 yrs in Dirty Duties) & Lessy, she's very cool.
Mare & Emily, I really think she is FAB!!
Emily & Courtney
Mare & Emily
This is the 2nd Years. Christina's group, they were so funny their thing was BOOM BOOM FIRE POWER!
Michelle & Cliff March with Morgan, we really love these guys.
Mare & Christina
Bro.Merrill & Bro.Von Savoye really dug the crafts. They each made their wives something very pretty, ahhh.
This is Pamper the Camper, a fun treat for the girls & leaders when they get back from their hikes. This is the 1st yrs. having their turn.

Canoeing is so much fun!

The Waterfront, a very cool place to be.
Lanette & Marci
Mare & Lanette
Bro. Merrill & Bro. Von Savoye goofing off.
Emily & her surfing the lake pose.

Bro. Merrill "tackling" the sea horse.
Sis. Hopkins amazing Lullaby, such a treat.
Campfire, the singing of Walk Tall. Always a great way to end each night.
Nightly devotional with the stake staff. Good Stuff.
Emily & the girls.
Photo opp. on top of "the rock".
Ok explantion: Emily demonstrating the "proper sqwat" for "potty" in the woods. HILARIOUS!!!
The 1st Years
Mare & Emily
Every group gets a banner to run through when they return from their hikes, it's super cool for them.
1st Years getting ready to make their "entrance" into camp.
The 1st Years returning from their hike. Look who is leading the pack?? YEP EMILY GACTHELL
Emily during skit night, she is a nut!
The Brethren, oh my goodness these guys are GREAT!
The Cookies during skit night, good stuff.
The Stake Staff, super entertaining crazy ladies.
The Amazing Kitchen Cookies
Sis.Hopkins, Bro.Hoskings & Bro.Merrill
Cindy, Stacey & Amy, amazing hikers for sure.
These are the Fabulous Craft Ladies.
Look at these awesome crafters, having so much fun.
Emily at the craft tables
The Very Fantastic Quilting Gals
Sis.Jones & Sis.Bowerbank
Bro.Perona, you crazy guy!
For the last time ever the whole Gatchell Family all together at Girls Camp. This is Amanda's last year at camp, she went High Adventure this year with Kevin. They had a blast, & they did some crazy awesome things. We will miss you Amanda, camp won't be the same without. But you have some great memories to keep with you always. Until next year Rucker Lake, we love it here.
The Concord 2nd Girls Camp Crew, WE ROCK!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
HOLY COW there were LOTS of fun pictures. I am so jealous and wish I lived there so I could go. Camp were some of the funnest years of my life. SUCH great memories, and SO COOL you guys got to make them all together. You have the cutest family ever Mare. I LOVE YOU!
D
Holy Cow is right! That is what I was thinking as I tried to find the bottom of the post! So glad you are back. Missed you...now you are at the top of the heap on my blogroll again!! Fun times! Great people!
Finally.....I thought your blog had been repo'd...hahaha!!! Looks like you guys had a great time. Brings back memories for sure!!!!
Great pictures. Glad you had such a great time at camp!!!
I didn't know I was Fab! Thanks I think you are FAB! You are hiking next year with ME!! It will be fun oh I forgot you're moving...too bad you have to stay! SAYS ME.
Post a Comment