Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bye Bye Rat Dog, Er, Um, I mean Hurley cute little doggie

So with a tiny bit of sadness but with much more relief & happiness we are getting ready to say goodbye to Hurley. A few months ago we rescued a little doggie, he was kind of cute. He grew on us, he did, most of us anyways. He's a cuddler & a lovable little dog. He is also a barker, a chewer, a digger, & a tip tap toer at all hours of the night. Not to mention he is driving our Cody dog nutty, like to the funny farm for doggies nutty. He nips at his ears & heels all day long. Cody is such a kind hearted dog that he just takes it & takes it. He lets him eat all the food first, & drink all the water first. Cody really is the perfect dog, we have been spoiled for sure. That's why Hurley has proven to be a bit over the top.
We interviewed a wonderful couple a week ago & they have decided to adopt Hurley. They will be taking him home on the 1oth of Nov. We are now officially counting down the days. Like with a chain calendar. I am sure we will miss him, we will. But it's just going to be a more peaceful life for all of us, especially Cody.

Here are the some of the lovely things we have experienced during this time with Hurley:

*Hole to China dug in the back yard, courtesy of Hurley the dog.

*17 pairs of Kyle's underwear chewed into pieces, courtesy of Hurley the dog.

*My brown Crocs now missing their back straps, courtesy of Hurley the dog.
*My furry slippers now furrless, courtesy of Hurley the dog.

*Two couch pillows, corners removed, courtesy of Hurley the dog.

*One pampered chef bowl & lid no longer usable in their original form, courtesy of Hurley the dog.

And as if this list is not complete enough... da da da... the finale, the straw that broke the mama's back, the hole that sunk the ship, the final curtain call, the credits are rolling, the jig is up rat dog...

*The eating whole of Emily's retainer, oh yes it did happen. That was it, I was done, I mean really really done. And if some how there might have been a shred of doubt in my mind, the deal was sealed after taking Emily to her ortho appt. & writing a check for $490.00 to replace said retainer.

So bye bye Hurley dog, I hope you enjoy your new family. More importantly I hope they will love you unconditionally as you work through your "issues". You've been a fun little dog to have around, kind-a-sort-a, but we have decided we are not small dog people & Cody is not a small dog dog.


3 comments:

D and C said...

That is sad, but HAPPY at the same time. To be honest, I would have killed him with the first chew! lol! You guys are awesome though, because if he got sent to the pound he would be dead by now, and because of you he has found a loving family. You are awesome.
LOVE YOU!!!

Lacy said...

Oh man, too sad. I like the name Hurley. Cody is such a cool dog.

Bonnie said...

This is a cute post, Mare. I know about these mixed feelings. We had a cat that was a similar pest and I paid a family $100.00 cash and gave them gave them all the cat stuff to take him. The straw for me was when I could finally afford to have a chair from my childhood reupholstered and the guys brought in my beautiful chair and the cat jumped right up on it and claimed it as his own before the delivery truck was down the street. I totally lost it when I saw the cat hair on the chair within fifteen minutes.

Also the cat was a one person cat...and the unfortunate person was ME! When I would lie down on the couch to read a book this cat would jump up on me and would be so happy he would start purring and slobbering on me. I couldn't stand being loved that much. So Bye bye kitty!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones