Saturday, January 2, 2010

AN IDAHO KIND OF CHRISTMAS 12-09

This year we traveled to Idaho for a Merry Flud Family Christmas, GOOD STUFF!!! It was so wonderful to spend the holidays with all our family. Most exciting this year was getting to see the newest Flud Family member, Johnny & Kely's new baby girl Laney. She's super sweet & I could just eat her up all day long!! We had some great times, like we usually do when we all get together. Here are many picturs of our times together this Christmas. Family is what it's all about & we are so blessed!


FLUD FAMILY: Caryn, Deanna, Dad, Krissy, Marianne, Johnny, & Mom (we're missing Desi she hadn't got there yet, we couldn't get everyone togther all at once it seemed, BUMMER!) We'll try again at Easter. The siblings: Deanna, Caryn, Johnny, Marianne , & Krissy All the Grandkids (except Jessie she had to stay in Ca. for work, maybe Easter) Couch Potatoes, in Idaho no less!My first chance to love on Little Laney! I didn't give her up very easily I promise! Grandma & her little Kyle. This boy loves his Grandma. He found this little butterfly pin at a church give away. He was so ecstatic when he found it & thought immediately of his Grandma & how much she would love it. He wrapped it up & gave it to her when we first got there, he couldn't wait until Christmas. He was too excited, and she loved it! Waylon, Johnny & Kely's little boy.Mare & Laney What a fun sight!Merry Christmas Little Laney!!! The shiny new toy!!!!
We celebrated a tiny bit different for the first time this year. We did our big family gathering on the Eve of Christmas. My mother put together this wonderful Christmas program. Where each family had a part of the program. It was so amazing, & I am so grateful for the time & effort she put into this. It was really great to be able to do this together as a family. I hope that we can do something like this each year. Thanks Mom!

We Wish You A Merry Christmas & Kyle & Lauren sang Away In A Manger.


Here is the program: Each family read a part about a diffrent item about Christmas, things like the stars, angels, candy canes, ornaments, etc. Each item had some type of spiritual connection to our Savior's birth. After we read the little story that went with each item the kids put the items on the tree until it was completely decorated.





Christian got the whole thing on tape, THANKS!! Love you man!
To end our program Deanna sang a beautiful Silent Night & we joined in on the last verse. Let the Christmas Choas begin!!! I was Santa, aren't I cute.
These are my Christmas Scarves, I made them, I did, all by myself for my sisters & mommy!

WOW the excitement is almost taking over!




Johnny & Jason





Bryan & Bo Dog Christina & Caitlyn


Jared & Waylon
Justin
Deanna with baby Laney
Lauren with baby Laney
Mare with baby Laney
Grandpa with baby LaneyOk so my mom & dad are hilarious & crazy! They bought all the little boys & big boys NERF GUNS with safety goggles. It was an all out war for about 2 hours, utter craziness throughout the house. They had a BLAST!!!


Check out this way cool nerf bow & arrow! And see how the safety goggles are really useful, Emily & Kyle both took on to the eyes.
Here is the beginning of our Christmas Morning. It was the Gatchell Family, my mom & dad, Deanna & Christian, & Desi, Jamie & Jared. It was fun to be together, different but fun. The kids with their stockings & Santa gifts. We started a new tradition this year for our Christmas celebration. We each got 3 gifts for Christmas, because that is what Baby Jesus got, 3 gifts from the wisemen. The kids also drew names & picked out a gift for each other with their own money. It was a very nice Christmas, & a meaningful one. Oh giddy with excitement, what did I get myself... Emily fell in love with her new peacoat.
Kyle got a new lunch box & a webkin iguana to boot.
I think Kev is trying to be surprised, not sure... The kids got this for us, I LOVE IT! Emily was totally jazzed about her first pair of high heeled shoes!!! She's all grown up, she got her own make up too! YIKES!!! Kyle got Amanda a CTR ring, sweet!Emily's face when she opened up her new heels!Kyle with his DS games.
Ok so this is Christmas humor, at first I was not laughing, I was furious! We got Amanda the Instyler, or so we thought. I ordered it online, had it shipped to my parents house, paid extra shipping for it to get there in time. Turns out the company didn't order enough, so they told me it was coming right for the warehouse. It will be here in time, yes they said it will be here in time. Did they tell me the warehouse was in CHINA??? NO!!! I guess my Chinese is better then I thought for them to think it would be there in time. Bc if I lived in China & it was being shipped to an address in CHINA maybe just maybe it would be here by Christmas. BUT NO, not coming to Idaho for Christmas, no can do! So this is what Amanda opened on Christmas morning, a pretty little bag with this note inside. She was still excited. As of this posts date 1-4-10 our Instyler has yet to arrive, probably still in CHINA!!! Oh me likie!Doesn't Kev look cute in his yatchware. Yes he's pretty hot! Emily picked out Bakugans for her gift to Kyle. Emily with her new vans.
Amanda got a pretty necklace, cause she's so purty.

Oh this is our Emily, with her hair all done & her make up all done, she's so grown up & so beautiful!Em with Cheezeit
Kyle with CheezeitAhhh my mom & dad, aren't they just so precious! I love my mommy! And we're both wearing red!
My mom & dad & me, I love this pic! Look at the litte Eskimo we found, isn't she adorable.

Emily with her hair all beautiful.Now this is the life! I promise this lazyboy is on the back porch. Kyle chillin on the swing set. Girl Talk! The Marble Game, say no more!
A special treat for Christmas. We met up with Grandma Mona ( Kev's mom) in Ontario. We got to spend the day with her & have a Gatchell Christmas. We were very bummed to find that Grandpa Bob was not able to make the journey, we hope next year. Here's pics of that day.








Grandpa Bob got us all snuggies, YEAH!! Well Kev got some very cozy jammy pants.
It was great to be abel to spedn time with you grandma Mona, we really missed you Grandpa Bob. We hope to see you both at Easter.
And this is Cheezeit! He spent alot of time under the Christmas tree. He was not very happy when the gifts went under there. But he was very happy the day after when he got his favorite spot back. Me & D Gatchell Kids before church Sun. morning.
The Gatchell Family Christmas Photo 09. GO GATCHELL'S!!!!Well this trip was a whirlwind one, but so amazing to be able to do it. We loved every minute of it & feel so blessed to have been able to be there with everyone. Family is what it's all about it, & we sure have a great one! MERRY CHIRSTMAS EVERYONE!

*side note, I started this post when I was 38, I think I am 42 now... :)

3 comments:

Faye said...

Wow - I am ADD when it comes to blog posting - I am pretty impressed you did all this. I LOVE all the great family pictures you got! So glad to see that you had a great holiday. Nothing like being with family for the holidays.

Lacy said...

Hey, great post, Marianne!! I totally relate to the Instyler--I bought my parents a framed photo off Deseret Book.com and oh, wait, it was on back order. It should arrive mid-January!! Jeez, nothing like a late Christmas gift. :):)

LA Adams said...

Great pictures, what a fun vacation! Love the baby! What a really nice family.

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones