Is there a stop button on this time machine... it is spinning out of control. Can I make it slow down please or maybe take a trip back to say March 9th 1992, when our little Amanda Elaine Gatchell lit up our lives. I can't even believe that 18 years have gone by. It really seems like a blur... full of excitement, happiness, proud moments, some tears, some butting of heads, way too much laughter the kind that makes your tummy ache it's that good. We have had way too much fun with Amanda in our lives. She is one hilarious, witty, great with the comebacks really funny girl. Not to mention the fact that we couldn't be more proud of the choices she has made. Some of them were really good old fashioned hard to take choices. But she has always made the right ones even when they were a little tough. We have really enjoyed watching her grow into the amazing young woman she is today. Sometimes I close my eyes & go back to when she was a baby, a toddler, a little stubborn but adorably cute little one... oh time... why do you have to be so fast... why can't you give us a little break and slow it down so we can soak it all up & savor it all. Amanda we love you babe, we really really do. You are the light of many lives & you bring us so much happiness. We just can't wait to see what fabulous fun amazing adventures are coming your way. Your going to be a shining star for this world... & you going to do great things.



2 comments:
This was SUCH an awesome post. LOVED IT. You really are a GREAT Mommy Mare. I loved the pictures too, BROUGHT BACK SO MANY MEMORIES. Insane. I still remember her in the Johnny Jump on the stairs, and her pooping in the corner behind the couch. Oh how time flies. I love you, and MANDA!!!
Oh, my gosh Mare, this post made me cry. Beautiful. Happy (Belated) Birthday to your sweet girl.
Post a Comment