This was taken on Zion's Peak on the 2nd year hike. Great shot for sure. (Emily is wearing the checked blue pants)
Here she is devouring her favorite fruit~ watermelon. Which Kev in the back ground was cutting (until he cut his finger on the BIG knife-right after he'd talked to the girls about knife safety ironic yes?)
These are FABULOUS people, for real! Bob Ireland, Stephanie Lambertson, Lacy Rasmussen, Diedra Rader, Dave Sorenson, Randy VanVliet, & your's truly Kevin Gatchell- The 2nd Year Leaders!
The ever impressive NO BEAR GETTIN THIS STUFF- Bear Bag! Nice job guys!!! Way to really go the extra mile. Story is after struggling with this bad boy for some time, they decided that this was high enough. No bear even came close- I think someone's snoring did the trick for them!
The 2nd Years!
The infamous POLAR BEAR SWIM- which takes place at 6:00 A.M.you heard me right 6:00 A.M. I have never ever taken part in this ritual. I just listen to the screams of freezing bodies from my warm sleeping bag. :) It's looks like they have fun though. The best part is the Brethren bring the swimmers their hot cocoa right to the beach. 
On the way out~
Ok so this needs some explaining~ I was not torturing little girls for my role in Girls Camp this year. With the help of my good friend Emily we were incharge of campfire & activities along with the big sisters. So to go along with our theme of THE AMAZING RACE this was our Fear Factor Challenge Night. We were doing a see, smell, taste type challenge. We were feeding them nasty babyfood I think it was spinach GROSS! 
The AWESOME Brethren with the most important way to start your morning at Girls Camp- the Hot Cocoa delivered to your sleeping bags. But even more valuable then this- the sweet song they would sing you to wake with... they are FABULOUS SINGERS!
Our MOSTEST AWESOMEST INCREDIBLEST BIG SISTERS EVER- HANDS DOWN! These girls ROCKED, there are no words to even describe how great it was to work with these amazing young women. Future leaders of the world right here! So proud!!!
These guys are amazing, The songs they come up with- ROCK! We let them go last always bc they just hit it out of the park everytime! 
Here's Emily doing her part to gross the girls out.
I love these big sisters- this is Wendy, Deena & Jenna, aren't they just so cute!
The Stake Staff taking a turn with singing. You know each morning & evening at flag each level & staff group come up with songs. It's so much fun to be creative & funny. We had some good ones this year.

The "THINKING WOMEN" we came up with some good stuff this year. And not like it's fun or anything :):) Pretty much the whole week is a giant laughing zone. Well I mean we have plenty of spiritual growth too, I promise!!!
Look at these AMAZING BIG SISTERS!!! LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!
This is me giving my girlie girl Lacy a big giant hug before she left on the 2nd year hike. I love Lacy & she had a blast at her first year serving as a leader at camp. Oh & Emily too, who is never shy when the camera comes out :)
See what I mean... she's a tiny bit of a HAM!! We love her lots!!


Kev-Emily- Mare It's so awesome to be at girls camp, & even more special bc I get to be there with these guys! 
Oh my goodness was girls camp AMAZING this year. I was so blessed to be apart of girls camp this year. It was a completely different experience this year for me. This year I was called as assistant camp director & worked with the Big Sister's. Our theme was AMAZING RACE- FINAL DESTINATION- ETERNAL LIFE. The theme went along with this years young women's theme found in Joshua 1:9. We tied in the theme with everything we did at camp this year. To be honest, in a word: IT WAS AMAZING!!! It also amazes me how much service goes into girls camp. I always knew that there was a ton of time that went into making something this AWESOME come to pass. It does, & it's really really special to be a part of. Many meetings, many meetings, did I say MANY MEETINGS?? I think I did, but well there were many meetings. They were fun meetings, anytime you get together with such cool women it's bound to be entertaining. It taught me alot, the love & dedication it takes to bring about something that brings such growth & joy to so many, it can sometimes be overwhleming. To watch so many people serving these girls with smiles on their faces is so cool. I was so proud to be apart of it, & so excited to do it again next year. It is now Sept. & we are getting ready to meet for the first time for next year's camp experience. WOW! But so so so worth it!
Oh my goodness was girls camp AMAZING this year. I was so blessed to be apart of girls camp this year. It was a completely different experience this year for me. This year I was called as assistant camp director & worked with the Big Sister's. Our theme was AMAZING RACE- FINAL DESTINATION- ETERNAL LIFE. The theme went along with this years young women's theme found in Joshua 1:9. We tied in the theme with everything we did at camp this year. To be honest, in a word: IT WAS AMAZING!!! It also amazes me how much service goes into girls camp. I always knew that there was a ton of time that went into making something this AWESOME come to pass. It does, & it's really really special to be a part of. Many meetings, many meetings, did I say MANY MEETINGS?? I think I did, but well there were many meetings. They were fun meetings, anytime you get together with such cool women it's bound to be entertaining. It taught me alot, the love & dedication it takes to bring about something that brings such growth & joy to so many, it can sometimes be overwhleming. To watch so many people serving these girls with smiles on their faces is so cool. I was so proud to be apart of it, & so excited to do it again next year. It is now Sept. & we are getting ready to meet for the first time for next year's camp experience. WOW! But so so so worth it!



1 comment:
Marianne, thank you!!!!! You are the best :):):) I miss you guys so much.
Post a Comment